Restoring Humanity are short(ish) segments on understanding a key idea of progressive education. This time, we're tackling discipline! What are the roots of our discipline system, what issues exist, and how can we solve them?
This podcasts pairs with our resource (which is where most of the researched information is cited) on this topic.
We also cite:
- William Bagley's Classroom Management (1908)
- School Discipline in Public Education (2011)
- For Public Schools, Segregation Then, Segregation Since (2013)
- How Racial Bias Affects the Quality of Black Students' Education (2016)
- The Trevor Project: Facts About Suicide (n.d.)
- Effective Discipline for Misbehavior: In School vs. Out of School Suspension (n.d.)
- ACLU: School to Prison Pipeline (n.d.)